Ok, you all know we’re obsessed with lace and trying new beauty trends, soOoOo we finally did it – do it yourself Lace Nails! Follow our simple steps below, add your own personal touch, and voilà!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Base coat (any color you’re feeling that day)
– Top coat (clear nail polish)
– Small-patterned lace (so it fits over your nails or part of it)
– Small nail scissors
– Nail art pen (if you want to add your own details)
Here’s how to do it:
- Cut out small pieces of lace and measure them up with your fingernails (or smaller if you don’t want the lace to span over each nail)
- Apply a base coat (it can be clear or opaque, nude or colored, or even glitter)
- Wait until the base coat is dry and apply a clear generous coat of nail polish over the top
- Carefully use a tweezer and position your lace on top of the clear coat before it dries (you want the lace stick to that clear coat very well)
- Once everything is dry, apply one more clear coat of polish over top (so your lace won’t come off during hand-washing or excessiveee texting
- If you want to add a little extra – draw borders, swirls or dots (even cheetah prints with little ‘c’ shapes) with nail art pens
Be creative!!!! Don’t be afraid to make a statement – use different nail polish colors, different lace textures and throw in some nail crystals! Rock your new DIY lace nails and share pics with us on MG Facebook + Twitter, and we’ll share our favs!